- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[Middle] Grandmother Unci Rita Long Visitor Holy Dance is part of the Oglala Lakota Band of the Great Sioux Nation of the Great Plains of North America. Unci Rita is a mother, grandmother, great grandmother and great great grandmother. She resides on the land that was allotted to her great grandparents over 100 years ago in the SW corner of the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, South Dakota. Unci Rita is a Lakota keeper of the traditional ways. She is a member of the Council of Language Elders. Her focus is the Oglala Lakota language, which she advocates to be learned by all ages of Lakota people. Rita says: “Our people know that the land and the language are one. If we lose one, or the other we are no longer who we say we are." She is a founding member of the 13 Indigenous Grandmothers Council.
• What if everything we did created a world that benefited all life?
• Do you consider yourself a change-maker with a desire to make a difference?
• How can you be a strong collaborator who connects the dots in your own community?
• How can your local projects ripple throughout the landscape and shake up the status quo?
• Do you want to be awesomely inspired so that you’ve got to take your next leap?
Please JOIN US in the upper right corner of this page.
We look forward to ‘seeing‘ you at the summit!
Janell Kapoor & Stacey Murphy